Thursday, February 25, 2016

Not Necessary

Individuals on the autism spectrum sometimes repeat words and phrases they're heard. Echoing. Echolalia. Lines from movies are often repeated and sometimes as delayed echolalia. And sometimes, the movie lines are inappropriate.

Saturday, at the high school baseball scrimmage, the person running the music and movie clips and sound effects thought a Chris Farley quote is funny. I found it here.

That clip, while humorous to some, is not humorous to me. It is immature. It is inappropriate stuff for my kid with autism to repeat. It is not a necessary element for a high school baseball game.

All I want to do is to be there when my boy plays ball. This new ballpark "atmosphere" makes it difficult.

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou -

Stat Counter